Apparently, both my daughter and my dogs think so.
In the animal world, dogs operate in a pack structure. Every pack must have a leader, the alpha dog, and all the other dogs happily give deference to the alpha. When you have a dog as a pet, you must assert yourself as the alpha dog. We have two dogs, and let's just say that Jim calls me the Omega Vy. They walk all over me.
It appears that things are no different with Bean. When she cries, I jump. She has me well trained, to say the east. Today, Beanie was on the couch with Jim, and she let out her cry. I was ready to pick her up, but Jim just looked over at her, raised an eyebrow, and she stopped crying and smiled back at him. That little stinker! When she cries when I'm with her, she only wants to be held and won't stop unless I pick her up. Oh well, I guess there could be worse things than your daughter wanting you to hold her :)
No comments:
Post a Comment