Monday, March 21, 2005

Sugar and Spice and Everything Nice...




I went to Foley's last night to buy some cheap "transitional" clothes so I can go back to work in clothes other than the sweatpants and Jim's XL undershirts that have been my uniform for the last 3 months. I'm still 14lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight, and none of my regular clothes fit.

After trying on a few items, I got too depressed and headed for the baby department. Oh, I so love little girl clothes! I bought Bean some really adorable outfits and a pair of cute espadrilles for summer. Even though she can't crawl or walk, it's critical she has cute shoes, you know.

It's funny...before I got pregnant, I always said, "If I have a daughter, I will not force her into traditional gender roles. She will be dressed in neutral colors, and she will play with toy racecars and trucks. Her room will be decorated in bright primary colors that will stimulate her mind. She will not be subjected to gender stereotypes, and her role models will be strong women."

Of course, as soon as I found out I was having a girl, I went out and bought everything pink and frilly I could find. I picked out fairy princess bedding for her crib, and had a fairy-themed mural painted in her room.

Sigh, she's going to be a mess with me as her mom. But at least she'll be cute :)

No comments: