Monday, April 04, 2005

Separation Anxiety


- Beanie with her toys at daycare

I must admit I've been remiss in my blog responsibilities. Let's see, what's been going on since I last posted... Oh, not much, except that I WENT BACK TO WORK !

I started last week, and the first day was awful. It started off on a great note with a traffic accident on I-10. Beanie is *ok* on car rides, but she hates it when the car stops. We're in stand-still traffic, and she's screaming her fool head off, and I'm right there with her, crying my eyes out. It doesn't get any better when we get to the daycare. She stops crying, but of course I don't. I make myself leave and head over to my office. After I pull myself together in the parking lot (read: wipe up the mascara running down my face, blow my nose, and try not to look like a complete basket-case), I go into the office. Of course, the first thing they ask me is, "How's Reese?". Waaahhhhhh!!! My baby can't be away from me all day!!!

Somehow I manage to make it until lunch when I can go see her. A million scenarios have been running through my head, all of which include my poor little Bean crying frantically for her mommy and evil daycare workers leaving her in a corner in a dirty diaper. I race over, knocking over other moms and dodging wee little ones to get to my poor baby. I throw open the infant room door, ready to rescue her, and I find her….

Asleep. Apparently she's been a model baby all morning and had just gone down for her nap. I wake her up, and she's all smiles. I think to myself, "well, let's see how she is when I leave." After nursing her, I have to head back to work. I brace myself for the inevitable tears when I go. I set her down in a swing, and she's immediately fixated by the toy toucan attached to it. She barely notices me saying goodbye to her.

Waaahhh!!! My baby doesn't need me!! Waaah
!

2 comments:

Belfy said...

Oh! How sweet! I think it really has to be very hard, to leave your baby in other hands... I'm not a mummy jet... only a kind of an aunt (a very good friends says I'm auntie Susy, and I'm very happy for it). I really love this little nephew and adore him, and when I leave their house I fell a little sad too, so I supossed that a mummy leaving her little baby it has to be very hard for the first time.... they're stronger than us.. a little toy and they're happy again... *sigh*.

PD: sorry if I had any mistakes.. I'm spanish but try to do my best in english ^^

Belfy said...

Oh! I'm so stupid, once I push the publish bottom I remember the photo, you're little lady seems to be very sweet, and is very cute!!