About once a month, some friends of mine and I go out for a girl's night out. Since three of are moms, it's usually pretty low key. Our usual haunt is the bar at La Griglia, although last time we ended up at JR's, a local gay bar. Since Weezie goes to bed at 8, it works out well since I leave after she's gone to bed and I'm usually back by the time she wakes up (I always sleepover at A's after we go out).
Last night we didn't end up getting to La Griglia until 10:30 and the restaurant bar closes at midnight. I managed to drink three grey-goose tonics and two Kamikazie's that were sent over to the table before we left. I didn't feel too tipsy last night, but this morning I felt like crud. I don't know what's worse, the headache, or knowing that I had about 900 calories worth of drinks, LOL.
In any case, I still had a lot of fun. While I love being Weezie's mom and wouldn't trade it for the world, it's nice to be out once in while with just other adults.
Sunday, July 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
V--R directed me to your blog, too. It's fun to read about your motherhood experiences. Speaking of margaritas--CAN'T WAIT!! I am most excited about pregnancy being done so I can a) see my feet again and b) drink margaritas (can I do that when I'm breastfeeding?)--MB
Michelle - yep, you can drink! You have to time it right (no breastfeeding 2-3 hours after having a drink). Kind of a pain until your baby starts sleeping through the night and you can get liquored up again ;) Luckily, on multiple levels, Weezie started sleeping through the night at 4 months.
If you plan to breastfeed, I highly recommend La Leche League. They're not all crazy breastfeeding nazi's as you might fear - my local chapter was pretty cool. Also, kellymom.com is a good site. Here's what they say about drinking: http://www.kellymom.com/health/lifestyle/alcohol.html
Post a Comment