Weezie's shoes were getting snug, so off we went to Stride-Rite to get some new sandals. It pains me to buy shoes there (their average baby shoe is $40), but they have the best selection of wide width shoes for children. While I don't see the resemblance when everyone tells me she looks like J, she most definitely got her father's feet. J just got a pair of tennis shoes in 14EEEE. Yes, that's 4 E's.
They had a bunch of the cutest sandals on sale, for about half off original price - I was stoked! We got a few 6W's to try on and... they were too narrow. Yes, my baby needs Extra-Wides.
They only had one pair of sandals in XW, not on sale of course. So $45 later, we left with the most boring, plain white sandals in the store. I know it's ridiculous, but I was sad because she couldn't get the cute shoes with flowers or the ones with flashy lights (she would have loved those!). I'm a shoe horse (I probably have a hundred pair;I've lost count), so I became even more sad when I started to think about how she'd have a hard time finding shoes when she's older, when she'll actually care.
Yes, I realize that I should just be happy she's a healthy, happy baby...and that she has a really stable base, LOL.
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment