Wednesday, June 07, 2006
Sweet Freedom
I resigned!!!!!
I actually resigned almost 45 days ago, and June 1st was my last day of work. I was on a work order at a client site until May 31st, so the timing was right.
It was a very difficult decision to leave since so much of my identity has been wrapped around my career/salary. I also felt pressure (self-imposed, really) to "do it all" - be a super-mommy and excel at my job. I was not really doing either to the best of my ability, which just kills me. Probably from others' perspectives I was still doing great, but when I know I could be doing better... And really, doesn't my daughter deserve better than "good enough"?
I'm confident I made the right decision, and I'm looking forward to staying home with Reese for the next few years. It may not pay very well, but I think this will be my most fulfilling/rewarding job to date. I hope I am up to the challenge of the toughest, if this past week is any indication, boss I've ever had :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment