Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No, I'm not a hypochondriac

I wonder if there's a special term for people who have hypochondria about their children...

I took Weez to the pedi today. After I explained her symptoms (low grade fever, possible ear infection, cough, runny nose), they proceeded to check her out. 97.4 temp, ears and lungs clear, not a single cough or sneeze during her exam. Oh, did I mention that there were two med students attending with the pedi? Oh, well, I'm sure it's part of their pediatrician-in-training education to learn how to deal with wacko first-time mothers.

The pedi did give me a prescription for an anti-tussive/decongestant to help with the runny nose and cough (I guess they took my word for it). Hopefully the runny nose will clear up before we leave Thursday. If not, I'll have to trust that my parents, who raised three daughters, can manage ;)

No comments: