I was trying to pick up around the house this morning. Although Jim said it's not "my job", I do feel obligated to keep the place in order while I'm a SAHM. Weez had other plans and was completely underfoot. In a stroke of genius, I handed her a clean Swiffer duster (one of those short handled jobs), and showed her how to "dust". She dusted contentedly, giggling away while I finished loading the dishwasher. Too bad they don't hire out chimney sweeps anymore - momma needs a new pair of shoes.
In an effort to keep the place tidy (which any mother of a toddler knows is impossible. Just call me Sisyphus.), I bought a Roomba. I love home/kitchen gadgets but had not gotten one since I was suspect of its claims. Several friends raved about them, however, so when I got a coupon in the mail, I broke down and bought one. I tried it out this morning; it worked fantastically... for 30 minutes. I called customer service, and they instructed me to leave the unit plugged in for 72 hours to charge undisturbed. It should then run for 2 hours after a 3-hr charge. If it lives up to that, I'll be a happy camper because it did do a good job on our hardwoods, tile, and area rug until it pooped out. Poor Roomba. Fingers crossed it'll work better after the 3-day jumpstart.
Thursday, June 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment