I did pretty good with last week's list. The only task I didn't fully complete was putting up the Christmas decor, but that's 99% done. This week's list:Vanguard Testing
- Monday, Jan. 18 - Drop off donation items at Second Blessings
- Tuesday, Jan. 19 - Pack up last of the Christmas décor (nutcrackers and snow globes)
- Wednesday, Jan. 20 - Take pictures/post elliptical on Craigslist (now that I'm running, I don't use the elliptical at home, and we need to make room for Jim's pull-up station)
- Thursday, Jan. 21 - cull through Sprinkle's closet for outgrown clothes
- Friday, Jan. 22 - cull through Reese's closet for outgrown clothes
- Saturday, Jan 23 - launder and pack outgrown clothes
- Sunday, Jan. 24 - organize the closet in the office (and start donation box for office supplies)
Reese is scheduled for Vanguard (G&T) testing this Saturday. If she qualifies for Vanguard based on the test, then she'll be put in the lottery system for a spot in the schools to which we've applied. A bit nerve wracking - even if she "passes" the test, it's no guarantee she'll get in anywhere. Our Plan B is to go to our original Plan A - move so that we're zoned to the schools we like (which if you want to be technical about it, was actually our Plan B to the first Plan A - sending Reese to private school.) I hate that getting into the program is based on one test rather than yearlong observation/assessment, but I understand the need for it for the initial kindergarten entry. In SBISD (the school district we had considered moving to), G&T students aren't identified until 1st grade which makes more sense sense as the children can be observed during kindergarten.
Run
This weekend's long run was 10 miles. It was not as easy as my previous 9 mile run, but I was able to keep my (slow as molasses) pace, so I guess I should be happy about that. I'd love to be faster, but at this point, I'm just trying to get my endurance back up.
I was having some hip and knee pain during part of the run, but it seemed to work itself out eventually. I went to the chiropractor today, and I think I'm going to make it a standing appointment after every long run for a while. I don't know how much it's helping, but it certainly feels good. Dr. Darla does massage and stretching in addition to the adjustment, and I leave feeling much better.
3 comments:
I don't know if this system might help you, but I have an empty clear container store box on the floor of Elise's closet, and also Nolan's closet. When I go to dress them and notice an item that I know they've outgrown (or I know they won't wear again), then I just quickly toss it in the container.
At the point where I pull out the next size of clothing, my "outgrown" container is usually overflowing. Once I started doing this, it keeps the closets thinned out and more manageable ongoing, too.
That is such a simple but excellent idea - thanks!!!
I pretty much use Rachele's method also. It seems less overwhelming that way.
The school issue was the whole reason we moved here. We don't have the wealth of private schools like you do! I haven't talked to you in so long that I haven't filled you in on a lot, but basically we're back to square one again and figuring out school stuff.
Ella is at a private preschool right now and they offer K-2 as well. We'd still rather pay a little more to live in a "good" school district & use private school as a backup, partly because the cost of private school for 3 or 4 kids really adds up. At least (here anyway) we'd recoup some value when we sold the house because of the district.
Blah.
Post a Comment