Didn't put together a To Do list this week again. I think I'm going to start a master list as RHG suggested and pick one or two things to do while I get over the hump a really busy period the next month (lots of personal things planned plus work). Jim cleaned out the office this weekend and got 90% of it cleaned out, so that's taken one of the tasks that have been nagging me off the list. It actually looks like a room again and not like a storage unit!
Run
I did my second long run, 12 miles, in my new shoes, and overall it was a really good run. I can tell I'm still adjusting to the new shoes/form because I have weird spots that bother me during the run, but I'm attributing them, for now, to just needing to break in the shoes. It's three weeks until the half-marathon, and I've started my taper. Next week I only have to do 8 miles and 6 after that - woohoo!
Trichotillomania?
About a month ago or so, I noticed that Sprinkle would grab at her hair when she was tired/falling asleep in her crib. I didn't really think too much of it until this weekend when I noticed that her hair is thinner in the front (where she grabs at it). I didn't make the connection with the hair pulling until she started doing it in front of me. If I tried to stop her, she would do it even more, so I just tried to redirect her. That worked pretty well, so I asked her teachers to look out for this and do the same. I meant to call the pediatrician today but didn't get a chance to. I have to admit I'm a little bit worried because I have a family history of OCD (true, clinical OCD and not my OCD-like quirks). Hopefully it's just a toddler habit that can be broken.
Party
My friend Fowler and I are planning a John Hughes Tribute slumber party in March (adults only). How fun is that? Stay tuned for a post-party "entertaining ideas" post.
1 comment:
I had to google "Trichotillomania"
:)
Post a Comment