Monday, November 02, 2009

Fall-themed Supper Club

We hosted a supper club dinner last week - such a great time!  The theme was "Fall Supper," and the weather obliged with a teensy bit of a cool spell.   I tried out a new recipe, New England Sausage, Apple, and Dried Cranberry Stuffing that's a keeper.  Easy and yummy as leftovers.   I also made wassail.  I was hoping the smell would permeate the house more, but it did taste good and was a good base for a hot toddy of sorts.

So on to decor:  I wanted to keep it pretty simple since it was a dinner and not a "party" party.   For seated meals, I keep everything low and "nudge-able" so that people can see each other from across the table and food is easily passed around.

I bought these glass votives at Ross, $5.95 for a pack of three (I used two packs).  



White pumpkins from the grocery store, 59 cents each. I bought different sizes and elevated a couple with some napkin rings.  From the floral department of the same grocery store, I picked up a pack of fall oak leaves for $2.99.  If I were lucky enough to live in a city that actually had four seasons, these would have been free, LOL.



Fall napkins - I usually don't buy napkins, plates, etc. that are too theme-y, but I liked the graphic look of the leaves on black.  They were about $2/napkin with a Macy's 20% off coupon.



Not decor-related, but our friend Nicole made a scrumptious pumpkin stew.  I loved that it's baked and served in a pumpkin.   I'm definitely getting the recipe from her!





UPDATE:   Here's the yummy Pumpkin Stew recipe!


3 comments:

Megan said...

Wow - it all looks so beautiful. I just did not get the decor/presentation gene. I'm lucky if I remember I should have clean plates!

Morissa said...

Pass on that pumpkin stew recipe when you get it!

mom2reese said...

@Megan - Thanks! I'm sure you more than make up for it in the cooking genes :)

@Mo - I just modified the bottom of the post with a link to the recipe.