Saturday, September 05, 2009

Cough, cough, sneeze

Sick


I've been feeling off for about a week, but I had to acknowledge the fact that I'm actually sick when the sore throat, sneezing, and coughing started.   I stayed home from work Thursday and Friday because I felt too ill(and contagious) to go into the office.  I was actually able to get some work done Friday morning and answered a few calls from one of my clients.  I made sure to throw in some extra coughing for some sympathy points.  I don't know where Madeleine gets that from...  (If I had been good about posting updates, then you would know Mads is Queen Fake-O Bake-O.   She fakes coughs, sighs dramatically, and get this, fakes CHOKING.   I'll hand her a wagon wheel baby snack, and before she puts it in her mouth she starts pretending to choke.  Her face actually gets red and her eyes watery!   Once someone (me) coos over her with concern ("are you okay, Baby?"), all is good.)


Working out


I've missed two workouts because of this cold thing I have going on, and I feel like a total sloth.   A month ago I WAS a total sloth because, barring a handful of pitiful jogs, I hadn't really worked out consistently since I was about 5 months pregnant.   Um, let's see, Sprinks is 9 months now...   I have a hard time motivating myself to work out unless I have a specific goal in mind (i.e., finish a race), so I called up a trainer I worked with several years ago after Reese was born.   We've been working out for five weeks, and I feel like a new person.  I've dropped some weight which I have to admit is foremost in my mind, but it's also been great for me mentally.   For an hour, it's just about me and the physicality of the workout, and Malik's as good as a hairdresser for gossip and venting.   He's also the perfect personality for me.   I can't work with trainers that are too nice, but I don't respond to the militant boot camp types, either.    He pushes me really hard but doesn't cross the line to being an asshole.  He's also one of very few trainers that does a *good* boxing workout.   I'll probably work out with him for another month or so to cement my routine and I'm back in the groove to continue on my own.


Labor Day Weekend


Nothing planned this weekend, which is nice.  I'm still feeling crappy, so not so nice considering it's a three day weekend that I can't take full advantage of.   <---I'm annoyed that I'm ending a sentence in a preposition but to be grammatically correct I'd have to sound like a pretentious jerk.  Jim just left to drop Reese off at the farm.   We'll all be up there Monday, but Reese is heading up early to hang out with her cousins.   I love that the girls have the farm and all the experiences associated with it.  Reese was there a few weekends ago, and in between the swimming, feeding cows, playing, she and Liz found a family of raccoons in the barn.  She just lit up telling me about how they, with Uncle Bryan's help, trapped the raccoons and then took them to the woods to release them.  You just don't get that experience in the city (unless you count the rat and possum experience which are not quite the same).
Ghost Chairs

I have been coveting Louis Ghost Chairs and want one.  I don't know why I'm so drawn to "a plastic lawn chair" (two guesses on where that description came from).  But I am.  Me want chair.  So if you see any coupon codes for sites like unicahome.com or allmodern.com, please send them my way.  I'm looking for a sign that I should get one ;-)

No comments: