Reese is SUCH a good big sister. She's always asking to hold Madeleine, and Mads really likes being held by her, too.Last night I was at my parents' house doing laundry (our washing machine is still in storage). Mads was sleeping on the couch, and Reese was watching TV next to her. I was in the living room with them folding clothes.
Mads starting crying and before I even made a step towards her, Reese had picked her up, cradled her in her arms, and soothed her back to sleep - never once taking her eyes off the cartoon she was watching! Madeleine slept in Reese's arms for almost 30 minutes while Reese finished her cartoons (and I finished folding laundry, yay!).
Also sweet but bordering on creepy was our conversation this morning. Mads was crying, and Reese walked up and and said, "Sprinkle needs some milk." She lifted her shirt and declared, "I can feed her." I tried to explain to her that only mommies can feed babies that way, and she complained, "But why? I have boobies, too." I was tempted to tell her to "ask Daddy" because I'm mean like that, LOL.
3 comments:
That is just freakin' adorable! Way to go Reese.
Funny that the photo says 6/12 on it :)
My dad's camera. He's got it on the European setting, so it actually says, Dec. 6, which is still off, of course, LOL.
I love that story - so sweet!
Post a Comment