Saturday, May 12, 2007

Ruh-roh, don't tell mommy

Saturdays are daddy-daughter day. It gives J a chance to bond with Weezie and me a respite from being bossed around and generally abused (and I'm not talking about work).

Earlier, I called J to see what they were up to since they had been gone a few hours.

"Oh, nothing. We just left the Urgent Care Center."

WHAT!!!!?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was on the verge of freaking out, but I stayed calm enough for him to explain. Deep breath...deep breath...must resist the urge to yell, "what did you let happen to my baby??!!!"....deep breath...


They had been in the grocery store parking lot in the car when Weezie suddenly whispered, "uh oh. rock in baby nose". J pulled over and saw that she was holding a small pebble in her hand. He looked, and sure enough, she had a rock lodged up her nose. Way up.

J took her to a nearby urgent care office and decided (grrr) that he'd spare me the panic (chicken!). They were placed in a room, and while waiting for the doctor, J started making balloons out of latex gloves for Weeze.


Well, the powder on the gloves made her sneeze and...you guessed it... she sneezed it out.

So all's well that end's well. J brought back the pebble for me to see. Definitely going in the baby book. Thanks for the Mother's Day gift, baby :)

No comments: