One of my major pet peeves is people who drive Suburbans/Tahoes/Escalades/Yukons and don't park them properly. I drive an SUV, so I don't have anything against them, but it drives me batty when I'm trying to find a parking spot and some big-ass car is double-parked. I will be the first to admit that I'm a terrible driver, but I make a concerted effort to park so that there is plenty of room on either side of my car. I complain so much about it that my girlfriend gave me a booklet fake parking tickets to give to people. You fill in the time/date/car model, and it's preprinted with:
You are an inconsiderate person. This is not a real ticket, but it should be. Because of your rude and lame attempt at parking you have taken enough room for an army and a circus. You have received this ticket in hopes that you will learn to think of others before parking in the future. You probably change lanes without using a turn signal too. I hope your engine blows up during rush hour on your birthday.
I couldn't open my door tonight at dinner because of a bad parker, so I gave out my first violation. It's terrible and juvenile, but it made me laugh, and that's all that matters :) My only regret is that I didn't stick around long enough to see the car owner's reaction when they found the ticket under their wiper.
1 comment:
We had a friend who recently received a fake ticket (not because of bad parking ... just as a joke) and he freaked out. He told my mom she would need to go to court to testify for him (the ticket said he was parked in a handicapped spot and he wasn't).
I completely agree with bad parkers. I am horrible at parking correctly, but that is why I back up over and over until I get it right. Sometimes, I feel a little like Monk (from the TV) backing up, realigning over and over until it's right.
Post a Comment