Monday, March 20, 2006

Be careful what you wish for...

Weez is walking! She's been literally running with her push toy since January, but she would never let go. I figured she would be a late walker since she didn't crawl until 11 months, but I admit I was starting to get a little anxious about her starting to walk. It didn't help that every where I turned, someone was asking that dreaded question - is she walking yet? No, but she can do quadratic equations in her head! OK, not really, but I swear she's normal!

We were at a girlfriend's about a week ago (March 10), and she suddenly let go of the chair she was holding onto. She stood hesitantly for a few seconds with a "what the Hell?!" look on her face, and then took 3 steps towards me. There was no going back after that - she is all over the place now! I'm convinced that she waited to walk until she could do it well. That's my Weezie!

Sometimes I miss the time when she was immobile, but I have to say that there's nothing cuter than having her walk up to me, wrap her arms around my legs, and look up at me with those big brown eyes. She's so freakin' adorable!

1 comment:

Rachele said...

holy smokes! you've got your hands full now! :) congrats to weezie