Sunday, December 04, 2005

Oh, did I say this house was for sale?

I'm taking a little mini-break from packing (in other words, I'm procrastinating). We put our house on the market in October...basically for shits & grins. If we happened to sell it, then great... if not, we're in no hurry to move. Our realtor told us that if it didn't sell by November, it wouldn't sell until Spring because Winter is a dead time. We were just about to take it off the market when a buyer came in one weekend and submitted a contract the next day.

Oh shit.

That pretty much summarizes my reaction. I have mixed emotions about the move (note the reference to just myself. Jim is ecstatic - think Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money vault). While I'm glad we sold the house, I already had visions in my head about Weez's first Christmas and first birthday here. I love this place, and it would have been nice for Weez to have memories of growing up here. Oh, well, I guess as long as we're together as a family it doesn't really matter where we live.

I'm now in the process of trying to figure out how to cram 3000sq. ft worth of belongings into 1400sq.ft. We plan to build another home on a lot we own in the same neighborhood, but in the interim we're moving to an apartment. In the past two weeks, I've had to find movers, storage, a place to live, and a new home for Mr. Biggs. Needless to say, everyone's getting gift cards this Christmas.

Once we're finished with the move, I'll be a little more excited about planning the next house. Right now I'm teetering on the brink trying to keep it together...

1 comment:

Rachele said...

I love that house too, and so does Jay, so we feel your pain. I never even thought about how the proximity of the holidays would make it harder, but it does making moving difficult both logistically as well as emotionally.

Let me know if you need anything!