
I have to admit, I love having a daughter (mental note to self: remember to delete this post if you ever have a son). Besides the obvious fun of dressing her up, I'm looking forward to developing a mother-daughter relationship with Bean. I have visions of us shopping together, hanging out, and having wonderful conversations about life. Of course, this all has to be done before she's eleven and goes through that phase where she'll think I'm the second uncoolest person in the world (first will be her dad, of course!).
It's exciting yet stressful at the same time. I want to be a strong role model for her, and I'm really working on those parts I think need, well... work. First on that list is to stop obsessing about my weight. I've had a lifelong struggle with body image, and I definitely don't want to pass that on to Bean. I've vowed to never say "I'm fat" in front of her, and more importantly, never even jokingly call her fat, chubby, or plump. She's going to know how perfect she is, without, hopefully, being a big bloaty head :)
No comments:
Post a Comment